Tourism Insider Meeting - April
April 25-26, 2023
Mississippi River Distilling Company Celebration Center, Le Claire, Iowa
Join industry partners from around the state in the first Tourism Insider Meeting.
Tuesday, April 25:
- 10 a.m. - Host community welcome from Visit LeClaire; Iowa Tourism Office update with marketing co-op program preview and National Travel & Tourism Week discussion.
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch from Crane & Pelican Cafe (provided)
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. - Open Forum
- 2 - 4 p.m. - LeClaire business tours
- Tour the Root 67 building and learn about their downtown redevelopment.
- Visit Buttercupp Candles, Nest Modern General Store, The Clothing Co. and Cody Rose Flower Co. Guests will have opportunity to "make and take" a candle or scented lotion and/or make your own arrangement at the bouquet bar while learning about experiential tourism.
- Hear from Rodney Collier, who was instrumental in getting the City of LeClaire to offer a new financial incentive for businesses (Fill the Store Front Initiative).
Optional evening activities:
- 4 p.m - Libations Lane tour, provided by Visit LeClaire.
- Taste your way through LeClaire at the Mississippi River Distilling Company, Green Tree Brewery and Wide River Winery.
- Evening meal on your own - location ideas will be provided.
Wednesday, April 26:
- 8 a.m. - Hear from Ryan Burchett, Mississippi River Distilling Company owner, and how he had to change the rules to realize his dream. Ryan and his brother Garrett were instrumental in getting two Iowa laws changed to benefit distilleries and travelers.
- 9 a.m. - Give back and participate in a fun volunteer activity: a clean-up of Huckleberry Park Trail. The newest trail in Le Claire needs a little spring cleaning to get ready for the busy season. The trail is about a mile long.
- 10 a.m. - Meeting ends