eTraveler: October 6, 2022
The E-Traveler is our bi-weekly industry communication email. Sign up to receive them.
Meet the Tourism Liaisons
Help us in welcoming Lora Friest and Stephanie Neppl to the Iowa Tourism Office! They are excited to get to know you and your community and show you how Iowa's innovative tourism marketing initiatives can help you prosper. Connect with them to set up visits to your attractions and communities.
Email: email@example.comMeet The Entire Tourism Team
WANTED: Call for Spring and Summer Events!
We are gathering content for the Spring/Summer 2023 Travel Guide and would love to share your biggest spring/summer events. Whether it’s a music festival, cultural event, celebration of food or a major sports competition, please share it with Amber Rottinghaus at firstname.lastname@example.org for future promotion consideration.
FY23 Regional Sports Authority District (RSAD) Certifications
Congratulations to the FY23 RSAD recipients.
- Cedar Valley Sports Commission
- Council Bluffs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Discover Ames
- Fort Dodge Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Greater Burlington Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Sioux City Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Travel Dubuque
Iowa in the News
Here are some exciting media highlights featuring Iowa.
- Twin Cities Live showcased fall travel in Iowa during a segment with Jessica O'Riley
- KEYC News celebrated the Clay County Fair’s record-breaking year
- The Star Tribune highlighted Madrid's Iowa Arboretum as one of "These 7 Midwestern destinations offer great views of fall color"
- CNN Travel spotlighted the Covered Bridges Scenic Byway as one of "7 scenic drives across the United States for your fall foliage fix"
- People featured the Villisca Ax Murder House in its article "10 Real-Life Haunted Houses Across the Country You Can Visit This Spooky Season...if You Dare"
Shop Iowa Day is Coming - October 12, 2022
What is SHOP IOWA DAY?
Shop Iowa Day is a statewide shopping event featuring hundreds of Iowa small businesses selling on the Shop Iowa platform. The goal is to encourage shopping from these amazing local shops and makers by offering deals and discounts that make even more residents aware of how easy it is to shop online on the statewide Shop Iowa marketplace!
Use the toolkit link below for any messaging or imagery you may need.
Should any businesses need direct help with onboarding their shops or products, please have them reach out to our team for support: email@example.com
Thank you for all you do for Iowa businesses and your support of the Shop Iowa program!Toolkit Learn More
New U.S. Travel Association Dashboards
Recovery and Growth Insights Dashboard
U.S. Travel members have access to the exclusive Recovery and Growth Insights Dashboard, the most comprehensive and centralized source for high-frequency intelligence on the U.S. travel industry and the broader economy.Learn More
DMO Digital Performance Dashboard
In collaboration with Simpleview, the U.S. Travel Association's Destinations Council has created the DMO Digital Performance Dashboard.Learn More
- November 2, 2022 - Travel Iowa Marketplace
- November 17, 2022 - Iowa Tourism Office Update (webinar)
- January 19, 2023 - Iowa Tourism Office Update (webinar)
- March 22 & 23, 2023 - Iowa Tourism Conference at Prairie Meadows
Check out the calendar of events for more details and upcoming industry meetings.Calendar of Events