eTraveler: November 2, 2022
The E-Traveler is our bi-weekly industry communication email. Sign up to receive them.
Fall influencers highlight Iowa's travel areas
Five influencers visited Iowa's travel areas and we’re excited to share links and a sampling of comments. The influencers created 48-hour weekend itineraries in the form of vertical videos highlighting the uniqueness of each destination.
- Noted Natalie (Loess Hills and Beyond): Instagram Reel | TikTok
- Chelsey Derks (Capital Country): Instagram Reel | TikTok
- A Mom Explores (Driftless Area): Instagram Reel | TikTok
- Girl of 10,000 Lakes (Lakes and Land): Instagram Reel | TikTok
- The Chicago Good Life (Storied and Scenic): Instagram Reel | TikTok
Thank you to all of the partners that helped make these visits so special!
- We definitely need to explore Iowa some more! Never knew there was so much to do??
Looks so fun! Love how much there is to do across Iowa!
- Fall in the Midwest perfection!
Iowa is on my bucket list!
- How pretty! Never been to Iowa and it’s on my list of places to see??
- I want to go visit Iowa now ?
- I have added this to our road trip list! Thank you for sharing!
Travel Guide ad deadline is November 15
The deadline to reserve your ad space in the 2023 Spring/Summer Iowa Travel Guide is Tuesday, November 15. We’re excited to refresh the look of the Iowa Travel Guides and provide inspirational content as people plan their trips to Iowa.Learn More
New Travel Iowa booth available for tradeshows
A new 10'x20' Travel Iowa tradeshow booth is now available for tourism entities to utilize when representing Iowa at national and regional tradeshows. The booth features a customizable 50" television display, photos of Iowa locations and ample counter space and brochure racks for co-branded opportunities. For interested partners, Travel Iowa will cover the cost of shipping, setup and tear down and on-site assistance from our vendor, Xtreme Exhibits. Partners are responsible for show fees, including carpet, furniture, electric, etc. We are excited to provide this opportunity to showcase all of Iowa at a national level in an eye-catching way. Stay tuned for information on how to reserve the booth for your tradeshow needs.
Iowa in the News
Here are some exciting media highlights featuring Iowa.
- BestLife featured Okoboji as one of its "9 Small Towns Straight Out of a Norman Rockwell Painting"
- News Channel Nebraska featured Iowa's Covered Bridges Scenic Byway in its article "7 Scenic Drives across the United States to get your fall foliage fix"
Longwoods' travel sentiment study
According to the latest Longwoods International tracking study of American travelers, 92% have travel plans in the next six months, tied for the highest levels seen since the beginning of the pandemic. Seventy percent plan to visit friends and family on their holiday trips, while 60% of those with holiday travel plans will be shopping, and 47% plan to enjoy holiday lighting displays.Read The Full Report
- November 17, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. - Iowa Tourism Career Pathways Resource (webinar)
- November 17, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.- Iowa Tourism Office Update (webinar)
- November 22, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. - Economic Impact Report Update (webinar)
- January 19, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. - Iowa Tourism Office Update (webinar)
- March 22 & 23, 2023 - Iowa Tourism Conference at Prairie Meadows, Altoona
Check out the calendar of events for more details and upcoming industry meetings.Calendar of Events